I could find no real etymology that this word is a true again work. Yet, I come back to relevant quite often.
Is what I’m doing relevant? Is this topic relevant to that topic? Relevant means having significance or bearing on the matter at hand.
There’s a great publication by the name RELEVANT Magazine. It’s written by 20- and 30-somethings and it came out when I was 30 something back in 2002. It strives to be, you guessed it, relevant.
A few minutes ago I discovered that Relevant has a podcast. Today, I’m really jazzed about podcasts because I’m trying to walk my way to a skinnier self and I needed something to listen to. So I’m now adding Relevant to my long list.
Here are my others:
- What Should I Read Next? with Anne Bogel (a.k.a Modern Mrs. Darcy)
- How To Be A Redhead
- The Next Right Thing (This is how the book of the same name, I just read started off and it’s fantastic to hear it again.)
- Ologies with Alie Ward (for the science geek in me.)
- NPR’s This American Life
- What Would Jane Do? (because you know I had to have something Jane Austen.)
- Do It Scared with Ruth Soukup
- HBR (Harvard Business Review) Ideacast
- Ethical Storytelling
You can find all of these on a free app for iPhone called Luminary. Find something you like or want to learn more about and grab your walking shoes and see what happens. ❤